expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, August 22, 2014

You only get one chance to make a first impression


  

Your appearance in general and also whilst dating is extremely important. Why? Because it represents you, it represents who you are. Appearance is very important, have you ever heard of the saying “You only get one chance to make a first impression.” It is true, because if someone sees you for the first time and you look horrible, for example if God sends you the person of your dreams and you meet for the first time how would you look? If you look horrible and are not well dressed, smelling good or looking nice, you could probably miss your opportunity because in reality no one likes or feels really attracted to someone who isn’t well presented or in other words presentable (Looking nice). Especially a man/woman who is just meeting you. We always have to look our best not just for someone else but for God as well because remember our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. 

My sister and I used to dress very well before getting married, we tried very hard to always look our absolute best at all times because my mental motto was. “I never know exactly, what day it will be when God blesses me and sends the man of God in my direction.” Or “I never know what day or time I will meet the right man for me.” So we used to walk around well presented all of the time.

   Our Husbands Of Faith   (H.O.F) came to us in a seemingly surprising way; especially for me. I didn’t even know that I would be meeting my H.O. F , the answer to my  prayer on a regular day when I was just visiting another U.C.K.G branch. This day turned out to be a day I'll never forget. Being well presented at all times is the key. As I said, I used to always dress up well, it helped me a lot in my search for finding not only a man of God but also for someone who would end up being my (H.O.F). It worked I found him. But after finding him and getting married I tried to continue always looking nice but it just seemed as if time wasn’t enough to add on the extra house chores I had to now do, plus to take care of my appearance as before. Come on I used to spend about 1 ½ to 2 hours every morning just to get ready to leave the house. So I just stopped taking care of myself.  But after a few months and as I was slowly neglecting my appearance all of a sudden one day it clicked.

   I (with a little help from people who mean a lot to me) realized that appearance is not only before I get married or before I find my (H.O.F), but it is a life long necessary thing. It helps me feel better about myself, raising my self – esteem and also my (H.O.F) will  always be pleased when he looks at his wife. I started making time for my appearance, doing my daily chores and if needs be, waking up a little earlier or going to sleep a little later in order to fix myself up. Taking care of my skin, nails, eyebrows, hair and every other part of my body. This is something that I learned and I intend to keep this lesson in my treasure box for the rest of my life because it is something wise. So from experience I tell you, it is not only important to take care of your appearance just to find true love but also to keep your true love. To put a block on the devil trying anything in your marriage. This message applies both for men and women.

  Come back this week, I will jot down a few simple guidelines of How To keep a good general appearance for both men and women, who need appearance/ beauty tips or ideas. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so right. People are attracted to beautiful things. I used to think that men were stupid for only being interested in a women for her looks but now I understand that your appearance is important. It shouldnt be everything though. I have put more care in my appearance lately. I am doing more unusual hairstyles, wearing colorful clothes, high heel shoes. I feel better about myself and I want to keep it up. My 7 yr old daughter looks at me and says Go Mommy! Even she likes to see me looking good. Elsie you are beautiful. Thank you for helping women like me. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true,Mrs Elsie...taking care of our appearance is a must,that I will implement in my life.For truly I will never know when I will meet my H.O.F and God is please when we look presentable for we represent Him.


    I like the term H.O.F....smiles.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING,MRS ELSIE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...